I’m going to share the secrets of my content strategy with you. I’ll tell you how I write compelling headlines and calls-to-action, and how I make sure my writing is always on point. Whether you have an existing blog or are looking to start one, this guide will help you get started with your own content strategy.
Content Strategy Defined
Content strategy is a set of processes and tactics that help you create content that delivers results.
Content strategy is an approach to creating content. It’s not just what you do, but how it fits into the bigger picture of your organization’s goals and values. The goal of content strategy is to make sure every piece of information helps move your business forward–and that means knowing who needs it, when they need it and why they need it (or else why bother?).
A framework for creating great digital experiences across all channels: web sites, emails or mobile apps; whether they’re internal tools used by employees or customer-facing products sold through ecommerce channels like Amazon or eBay
Why a Content Strategy?
A content strategy is a plan for producing, promoting and measuring your content. It’s a strategic approach to creating and distributing content that helps you reach your audience in the best way possible.
A good content strategy will help you:
- Create great content that builds trust with your readers and helps them achieve their goals with your product or service.
- Reach an audience who wants what you have to offer by connecting with them on channels they use regularly (like social media).
How I Plan a Content Strategy
Now that you have a good idea of what content marketing is, let’s talk about how to plan your strategy.
- Start with a content audit. The first step in creating any kind of strategy is to look at the existing materials and see what they’re missing, or where they could be improved. You can do this manually or use an automated tool like Copyscape (which checks for duplicate content) or Plagium (which looks for plagiarism).
- Create a calendar for publishing your blog posts and other pieces of content on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Make sure each piece has its own unique URL so it can be linked from other sites as well as being indexed by search engines such as Google–this will help boost traffic when people search for relevant keywords related to your business!
- Once we’ve built up enough traffic via organic search results thanks largely due “content marketing strategies”, then we’ll finally start thinking about paid advertising options such as PPC ads through Google AdWords.”
How to Write a Compelling Call to Action
- Use action verbs.
- Make it clear what you want your readers to do.
- Make it easy for them to act on your call-to-action (CTA).
- Personalize the CTA so that it’s relevant to the reader and their interests, but don’t make it too long or complex.
- Urgency is important–people don’t like missing out on things! If there’s a limited time offer or discount available only until midnight tonight, let people know immediately in order to motivate them into action now rather than later when they may have forgotten about what you’re offering altogether by then!
How to Write a Killer Headline
Headlines are the most important part of your content. They will determine whether or not people read your article, listen to your podcast or watch your video. A good headline can make you money, but a bad one can also lose you customers and subscribers.
So how do you write a killer headline? Here are some tips:
- Keep it short – The ideal length for most headlines is between 6-12 words (some say 7-10). If it’s longer than this, people won’t read it because they think that there must be more information below the fold (the part of an article that isn’t visible without scrolling down).
- Make sure it grabs attention – You need something that stands out from other articles on the same topic so people will want to click through and read more! Try using emotive language like “How This Mom Turned Her Husband Into Her Own Personal Chef.” It’s funny, shocking and gives readers an idea what they’ll learn from reading further into this particular piece of content.* Be specific – Your reader wants concrete answers to their questions or problems; don’t waste time beating around bushes when there’s no need! Instead focus on answering those pressing concerns directly by stating exactly what kind
A content strategy will lead you to create great content.
A content strategy is a process that helps you prioritize, create and publish great content. A content strategist will help you decide what kind of information your audience wants to see on a regular basis, how often they need to see it and where they want to find it. This can be done by mapping out the different types of content in your company (blog posts, infographics, case studies etc.) then creating a calendar for publishing those pieces across different channels.
Content strategists also help establish best practices for creating high-quality work quickly while maintaining editorial standards throughout the organization–so you have control over what gets published when it comes out of the gate!
There you have it! A simple and effective way to write your own content strategy. We hope this article has helped you understand the importance of having one and given you some ideas on how to get started. Remember, it doesn’t have to be complicated or take a lot of time–just make sure that whatever content creation process you choose works for your brand!